Monday, April 16, 2012

Let Me Introduce You To........ Part II

It's long overdue, but here is the rest of the team that make up LightForce in Central America and the United States! There are so many amazing things to update everyone on but I will have to save that for another blog post :-)  Our staff will change out a bit this summer and God is adding guys to our team, which we are very excited about!

It is incredible to see all that God has done in our lives individually and as team to bring us to this point of all working in LightForce. There are so many other people that help to make LightForce possible in Costa Rica and The States that are not in the blog. Too many to count!

Not to mention our amazing partnership with Freedom Street and the work going on in San Jose.

Introducing.........
 
 
 
Karlie Johnson (Costa Rica Chapter)
 
Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”
-St. Francis of Assisi.
Karlie originally came to Costa Rica for a six week trip through Youth With A Mission in 2009. It was then that she not only learned about the issue of sexual exploitation but developed a love for the women and children trapped in prostitution. Upon her return to her home town of Virginia Beach, Virginia, God began stirring her heart to act against the injustice she encountered in Costa Rica. Karlie became a hairstylist so that she could teach these women a trade and help them leave the streets.
In the winter of 2011, she returned to Costa Rica to establish the program, Love N’ Scissors and to join the LightForce team full time.
Her heart goes out to all the men, women, and children that are being sexually exploited. Along with the vision for Love n' Scissors and the help of God, she prays she can restore hope and inspiration for a better life to all those she encounters.
 
 
Debbie Allen (Atlanta Chapter)
 
John 3:3 says, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again” and at the age of 37 that is exactly what Jesus did in my life.  There are no words to describe the restoration Jesus did in my heart and the changes it made in how I lived my life and where my focus turned.  
My name is Debbie Allen and I have worked for the last 6 years as the assistant to the Minister to Students at First Baptist Church in LaGrange, Ga.  I loved working with all the students and setting up the programs as I watched God work in their lives.  Last September, I went on a mission trip to Costa Rica to work with LightForce International.  It was a life-changing experience and I felt a tug on my heart to work with this group as they sought to serve and develop relationships with women and children who are in the sex trafficking and prostitution industries.  In December, I moved to Atlanta and am prayerfully looking for ways to serve my Lord and further His kingdom especially in these areas.  I am so excited about working with LightForce in Atlanta and to see what God has in store for us as we reach out to this city. 

Mallory Hicks (Atlanta Chapter)

I was born in a remote town in northern Canada and it has been a long and interesting journey that God has brought me along to bring me here to Atlanta. During high school and college I was very involved in Youth ministry. It was during this time that God began to give me a heart and passion for young women as well as purity and what it means to live it out in your life.
Missions has also been something that has always been on my heart. It was the reason I chose to pursue a degree in nursing thinking that it would be something I could use to reach out to people no matter where God took me. I have had the opportunity to go on several short term missions including to Costa Rica where I first had the chance to work with Lightforce. After returning from Costa Rica I felt like God was leading me to start the next chapter in my life. While praying and seeking what this would be God opened the door for me to work with Lightforce here in Atlanta.
“We love, because He first loved us” 1John 4:19. What an amazing thing to be loved by God and awesome privilege to be able to share that love with others.

Megan Hawkins- (Costa Rica Chapter)

I joined Lightforce in September of 2011 with the desire to share love to victims of sexual exploitation. I specifically had a desire to be with a group who was first and foremost sharing the love of Christ. Lightforce has allowed me the opportunity to be able to use my gifts to share with those involved in prostitution and I am so blessed to work with a group of girls seeking Christ’s healing love. 

Megan and Karlie are embarking on a new journey, through their program Love & Scissors and we are so excited for them! Go and check out their website. 




No comments:

Post a Comment