Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Little Light of Mine......

One of the first songs I learned to sing as a child was called, "This Little Light of Mine."  For those of you who may not be familiar with this particular song, it went something like this,
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine (x3)
Let it shine, Let it shine, Let it shine

There were many verses for this song as well as hand motions and I remember them all to this day.  Lately, there is one particular verse that has stuck out in my mind and well describes life for me in recent months.
Don't let Satan blow it out
I'm gonna let it shine (x3)
Let it shine, Let it shine, Let it shine
Many days, I feel as if my light is so little and insignificant; I fight though with a relentless determination to NOT LET SATAN BLOW MY LIGHT OUT! I have learned the importance of being decided. In the Bible Paul speaks of the fact that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. I have never felt I truly understood or personally witnessed this verse in my own life until now.  At times, the realms of darkness I have seen and fought against that surrounded the lives of women and little children  have made me want to run.  Yet, there is something greater and more powerful to sustain my heart; the knowledge that the voice that calms the seas, spoke the world into motion, who conquered death and can make the night shine like the day, lives in me.  There is nothing more powerful or greater than my God and because He lives in me, I have power over darkness. I get so excited and re fueled when I begin to think of these things!

Susannah and I spent four days in Nicaragua last week visiting various ministries that were similar to LightForce.  I asked as many questions as I could desiring to learn as much as possible.  Certain stories were hard to take and absolutely heartbreaking but for security purposes I have decided not to share them on this blog.  I also heard beautiful and powerful stories of redemption.  God is good.  We learned to navigate the sections of Nicaragua that were new to us pretty well and the favor that seem to ensue at times was amazing.  Towards the end of our trip we were blessed to stay with Mark and Rusti!  They are an amazing couple who are laying their lives down as missionaries to Nicaragua.  I had the wonderful privilege of staying up very late one night talking with them and hearing their wisdom and insight into situations I had encountered.  Praise God for His people around the world.  Their home, fellowship and hospitality was the perfect ending to an emotionally draining week.

This week, I have been beyond blessed to have Amber as my roommate and she will be here for two whole weeks.  Just in the few days I have come to know her, I have felt so encouraged by her heart and life.  Amber showed up with a heart ready to serve and love on me as well as gifts and an array of talent and wisdom to add.  At one point she gently told me I was going to have to let her love on me a little bit and learn how to receive.  Ha ha, she was right as I have proven to be a slow learner in this department ;)

Today, my Mom and Karen flew in from the States with more gifts, love and hugs.  I feel overwhelmed in a good way!  Tears cloud my vision as I try to type and I cannot even seem to really find the words to describe the depth of gratitude I feel to have these women here with me.  This past month has been the hardest month I have ever experienced since moving to Central America.  This past month has also been full of sweet surprises.  On one of my lowest days, I received a package in the mail from two of the most incredibly thoughtful people.  The package contained my favorite snacks and an assortment of things every girl loves to get and it made me feel normal and not so far from home.  I am so truly humbled.

Below, I have included several pictures taken by Alumbra Photography of the recent children's fiesta and just highlights in general of a trip to a border area.  May God bless all of you who read this blog and pray for us here in Central America.  Thank you so much for supporting LightForce International Ministries.  I pray for those of you Christians reading this that you would remain decided to let your "little light shine", what difference one "little light" can make in the world.

* NOTE  Click on the pictures to see in full.



3 comments:

  1. sis, this one was my favorite! let amber love on you!! let Jesus love on you, be so loved you can't take it...and then..be loved a little more!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed to know that you and Amber are loving one another! Two of my favorite people in one place? Thank You, Jesus!!! I love you and prayer for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna,
    I am so proud of you! Reading about all that you are doing....you are a modern day saint! Keep standing strong. Even though you may feel down at times, know that your life is making a world of difference!
    Tamera

    ReplyDelete