Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Driven by Love

I recently had the incredible, challenging privilege to educate a couple of classes at a local high school on human trafficking and its effect on the Superbowl. I loved every second of the day! They asked such great questions and had a desire to help find solutions. As we discussed real problems and possible solutions, I could tell they were all still trying to process the hard truth about what goes on during famous events such as the Superbowl. For many, the Superbowl will never look the same. 

LightForce is teaming up with the Dallas chapter of Jesus Said Love run by Lori Warren to raise awareness of the sexual exploitation that will take place around the Superbowl. I have the sweet honor of representing LightForce at a big event this coming weekend.
I am looking forward to all God has in store and I will keep everyone posted as the next few weeks progress.

Laura is heading up our side of ministry and outreach on the streets of San Jose's red light districts in my absence. There are many exciting plans in the works for the opening of a coffee house. We are praying for God's direction and provision.

Anita is back and getting the newly owned house called, "Lighthouse" in Nicaragua ready for our grand opening. 

I sit in a hotel typing this and catching up on much needed rest and prayer in preparation for the next few weeks in Dallas. One of my friends teased me that she would like to switch places because my life was so much more fascinating than hers. I looked around my hotel room and thought of how things must look through her perspective. While she thinks her life is too boring and quiet, I at times envy that life. I think how crazy I must seem to the average person I meet.
 Bayard Taylor wrote, "The bravest are the most tender; the loving are the daring."
I think people often think I am really brave and live my life as Tomb Raider's, Laura Croft. I smile at the thought of how in a very tiny way, there are similarities to Laura Croft's missions and mine. However the similarities may be, one thing for sure is not, my life and look is definitely nothing close to as glamorous as Croft's!

Bayard Taylor's statement rang so true to my heart.
I have watched the pattern in my own life; as I derive my bravery from loving God, my heart becomes more tender. As my heart becomes more tender, I feel my compassion for others increase. As the cycle spins over and over the choices we dare to make become seemingly "crazy".

The world's standard would tell me my life is abnormal, adventurous, extreme and cutting edge. Jesus takes me to the foot of the cross where the stage was set for life lived by abnormal, adventurous, extreme and cutting edge. Jesus was and always has been CUTTING EDGE. What the world calls abnormal, God calls normal. My life and what I do in LightForce is totally and completely normal! Yep, life is like a movie when Jesus is Lord. Read enough stories of life for the disciples through the scope of normality and you will agree.

1 comment:

  1. Anna, I love you so much! I recognize the fact that your life is so rich because you heed to the Holy Spirit. Following God is an adventure, but when you are prayerful about every move you make, the light just shines. Keep on keepin on. We are praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete