Thursday, September 3, 2009

I am sick today.  I am still running a fever, it is hot and I must teach the kids in Cartago.  I think, "Come on Anna, you can do this!" and then I hear that ever familiar, still, small voice whisper encouragement to my heart.  Yes, because of Jesus I can do this.

I arrive to find the kids and mothers have walked and are in a huge line outside the church waiting for me.  I am humbled.  Miraculously I am feeling great and able to teach for the next hour and not even think about how sick I have felt.  God is so good.

I hug everyone goodbye and sigh that by God's grace I was able to stand the whole time and no one but Manuel knew how sick I was.  

We drop off clothes to a young Mother and one of my students, Andrea.  Her baby was not due until November but he decided to arrive today.  She has nothing for the child.  She is apart of one family out of four that live in a small house.  I can't imagine.  Manuel, Claudia and I arrive with clothes, blankets and diapers.  The family is grateful, they literally had nothing for the baby.  My heart breaks.  I am near tears and I don't know if it is from exhaustion, the heat or the site I had just left; maybe it is all one combination to keep me humble and so thankful.  I begin to feel sick again and right before sleep claims me for the hour drive home, I think, I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment