Friday, September 11, 2009

This week feels like one big blur, full of challenges and yet so so fun!  We did a program for the children of St Augustins community.  The kids responded so enthusiastically that the director asked if we would be a regular part of their work next year.  We did puppets, worship, dramas, face painting and bubble games.  The team that I am pleased to be apart of is Manuel, Claudia, their kids and a friend German.  We are one big happy missionary family over here. 

I found a place on Thursday to run near Manuel and Claudia's home that is safe and that has been a great place to just release, pray and think.  Thursdays are the days I teach English in Cartago.  So it was nice to run and pray in preparation for teaching that day.  I find that I have to gear up spiritually everytime I go to minister in Cartago.  Cartago is one of the hardest cities in all of Costa Rica to work.  The spiritual environment is tough and very oppressive.  I have not met very many missionaries who even go there and even many Costa Ricans I meet do not like going to Cartago.    However, that is one of the places God has me going and I love it!  I have been bonding with the women and children there and the best sound in the world is when the kids shout "Anna!" or "Annita!" and practically knock me over with hugs and kisses. 

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment