Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"You will keep in perfect peace
the girl whose mind is steadfast,
because she trusts in you." Is. 26:3

The Holy Spirit comforted me with this verse today as I hugged my Dad goodbye at the airport and drove away.  I was blessed to have him visit me here in San Jose.  My good friend Jake, who is also from our church, accompanied Dad on this trip.  I had the refreshing privilege to hear them each speak at different churches a few times this week.  They brought me supplies from the States for the children I teach English to in Cartago.  My kids were thrilled to receive their very own pencil cases and notebooks. 
The encouragement and time with my Dad was like water in a desert.  Although God has taken amazing care of me here as well as the people, a hug from my Dad did wonders for my heart.

Goodbyes are never easy for me but I know so deep down I am here for a season by God's appointing.  His heart is home and I am content.  For that reason I was able to walk away from my Dad and be at peace.  God is always in control, He has never lost control and He never will; this my soul knows very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment