Thursday, October 1, 2009

The more I pray for the children in Cartago and the more I pray for the children in Guanacaste, the more I know I am to stay.  The children in Guanacaste are alone, no one works with them.  They are forgotten.  They are contaminated by diseases.  They are mentally unstable.  They are God's heart, He knows everyone of their names.  They are the ones I want.  They are the ones I think about and I have never met them.  They are why I won't throw in the the towel.  Why I refuse to give up.

  I had originally committed to stay on just to December.  God had other ideas.  I do not know how long I will be here, possibly just through next year.  I do know that my heart won't let me leave.

Last month was full of adventures and was extremely busy.  Many people to meet, many territories to travel to, many lessons to plan and many sleepless nights.  So, I am tired.  I took this week off.

It is just a season.  I often repeat this to myself.   Please pray that I would not grow weary. I love my life and I am so blessed.  However there are moments to myself of sitting there and of thinking and in times where there is a lot of sitting and thinking the enemy reminds me of what I miss. I miss my mom. If you know her, then you understand.  I miss my Dad and his constant encouragement.  I miss my sisters and the times my whole family gets together and it is loud and crazy! I miss Cornerstone Church, being spiritually fed every week and having constant community and fellowship.  I miss my friends.  I miss going to the gym.  I miss living in a busy but fun house with my amazing roomies despite its chaotic moments.   All of those thoughts and people I miss, can cause me to feel alone here.  

I know I am right where I am supposed to be, where I was meant to be.  I know this is God's heart for me right now and I know I am never alone.  He holds me and takes care of me.  He is faithful.  I know it is just the season.  Thank you for all of you who pray.  Many ask how they can be specifically praying.  This is one area.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way that you write! Keep it up it ministers so much to me and others. Helps me know how to pray.

    ReplyDelete