Monday, October 5, 2009

"The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16


I was going to wait to post anything until after I returned from Guanacaste.  However, so many of you have been praying over these past few days that I wanted you to know that after three days of mini hurdles and obstacles in the path, today breakthrough finally came.  We were succcesful in reaching the pastor in La Cruz to let him know we were coming.  He was excited and asked us to help tomorrow morning to feed the local community he is outreaching to.  A friend graciously opened her home to us so we don't have to stay in a hotel!  Where God leads, He always provides.

I set out right after I heard the news to purchase our bus tickets.  Three hours, seven wrong bus stations, 100 wrong turns, in the rain(more like a monsoon!) later, I finally found the right station only to be turned away because they only sale the tickets thirty minutes prior to departure.  I was so wet and soggy and frustrated that I just stood in the pouring rain not even caring because at this point, what was a little more water!!  My umbrella could no longer offer protection.  To add to the chaos, my friend who was picking me up at the station, could not get to me because a car stopped in the middle of the road, which blocked a bus.  The bus driver began to blare his horn, the station office began to use a megaphone to shout at the driver to move, all this commotion set off all the nearby car alarms.  I stood there getting soaked by the minute just laughing and the more I pondered the past few hours the harder I laughed.  The bible says,"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."  Well all the calamities and frustrating situations were not going to crush my spirit.

In order to help the pastor feed people, we must get there very early.  So Susannah and I will head out on the first bus which departs at 4:00 am!  Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers!!
God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment