Monday, November 30, 2009

All Will See Our God

I am humbled and blessed to the point of tears by all the notes pouring in of people praying for me, Susannah and the team this week.  There are even people I do not know praying for us.

 I woke up today with the weight of the world on my shoulders.  So much dancing around in my head and heart and so many details needing my attention.  Instead of spending time with God, I got right to work and the weight and emotion became heavier and heavier.  I found myself sad and scared at all that lay ahead and feeling completely inadequate.  Something my sister Rachel told me this summer before I left came to mind; "Anna times of discouragement will come but if you will lift up your head, God will lift up your heart."  How thankful I am for that reminder.  I dropped all I was doing and just began to worship out loud here in my apartment.  Over and over I sang,
"How great is our God
Sing with Me
How great is our God
All will see how great, how great is our God."
and then I sang
"Then sings my soul, my Savior, God to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art"
I promise no matter where you are at this moment if you are reading this, take one minute and sing these words softly to yourself or out loud.  The feeling of His peace that surpasses all understanding will flow through your heart and you will know exactly how I felt at that moment.

God has not brought Susannah and I this far to leave us or fail us.  He never will and I know my God is bigger than darkness.  My God is bigger than government officials.  My God is bigger than time restraints.  My God is bigger than financial obstacles and this week all will see How Great is Our God!

On Tuesday December 1st we are going into the darkness for the first time, literally and spiritually.   We will go out around Tuesday evening at 7pm to meet and witness to the kids and invite them to the event on Saturday.  We are told that many of them come out at night dressed in black to sneak into the border and prostitute themselves.  The government at the border has chosen to not arrest one child so that we can talk with them and that they will trust us!  How awesome is God!  However they will be close by for our safety and protection.
Please pray for myself, Susannah and Nina as we go out into the dark.  We are going to be stepping on many toes of people who profit from these kids.  However, I will not back down in fear because the love of God has compelled Susannah and I to reach these kids.  He will protect us and guide us.  Thank you to all of you that pray and partner with us.  This is the only note I will post of facebook the rest will all be on the blog!

Love and Hugs to all of you!
www.letGodwrite.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment