Friday, December 4, 2009

"You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out."

Deut. 28:6


Truly, my cup runs over.  I am so blessed and if I had a thousand tongues I would shout thanksgivings at the top of my lungs to God with every one of them!!!!  Yesterday was a powerful and successful day at the border.  Susannah, Nina and I arrived safely to La Cruz with just enough time to unload our backpacks, check-in to the hotel and hit the road again to meet everyone at the church. 

A total of seventeen of us went to the border and divided into two teams.  One team would pass out invitations and talk with the girls while the other team stayed at the park in the middle to pray.  The group that was to pass out invitations was split into three groups with Susannah, Nina and I in each little team.  We started with Nicaragua's border and covered as much territory as possible.  In prayer, Susannah felt that all seventeen of us should wear white shirts to stand out and be able to find each other. 

At one point as I was walking around with my little team, I looked over my shoulder and saw such a powerful image that is still etched into my mind even now.  I saw the image of white floating around the dirt paths in the absolute dark and at such a distance it looked as if little lights were floating everywhere.  I turned around and looked out into the distance ahead of me and saw a white circle encompassing the entire outer ring of the park.  Those tiny floating lights were young women of God setting out on a journey to tell of their Redeeming God.  The white circle at the park was a beautiful circle of older women in the faith who were interceding warriors fighting for those who cannot fight.


We repeated the very same thing on the Costa Rican border and then when all was said and done; hands and hearts joined in a prayer of thanking and praising God for His might and protection.


Our return journey to San Jose was full of laughter and light heart-ed calamities as we drove the winding road down the mountain.  At one point we almost ran out of gas but even that did not stress or discourage us because we knew God was with us, instead we laughed at our foolishness!


Today, Brian and Jake arrived with the Tshirts that were designed, made and donated to our team and project the day of the fiesta.  Also with them were toys purchased for 28 Nicaraguan children whose ages range from one year to ten years old and who come from very poor or broken homes.  Some of the children (but not all) are believed to be exploited at the border but the only way to reach the littler children is to go into the community and meet them.  On Friday our team of five North American's will cross the border and pass out presents to these kids.  My heart is bursting with excitement for this moment.

I have finally finished baking all the Christmas sugar cookies for the different government officials!  There is much joy and anticipation for the weekend ahead.  We will load up all the food, candy and gifts and hit the road at 9 a.m.  Special thank yous go out to: Cornerstone Church for the children's gifts, The Monday night group for the T shirts, Rachel Profitt for finalizing the ID Badges, Drew Van Camp for his awesome design of the T shirt, Susan Trout for coordinating the T shirt order and adding special touches for the team and finally to all of you who pray!


I apologize for the lack of eloquence but it is 2am and I am tired. I promise to be better about updating this weekend!!

To read a much more entertaining version of the past few days with pictures go to
www.ninamphotographyblog.com



No comments:

Post a Comment