Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'll Be Home for Christmas

I spent the entire day at the beach yesterday. Being in the ocean or just sitting on the shore watching the waves is one of the most comforting places for me. Whenever I look at the ocean, I am instantly in awe of God and His majesty. Just looking at Creation all around us simply shouts of God's fame and His personality. Different things in nature show so many aspects and sides to God. The ocean, I believe, is His beautiful way of reminding us that He is in control and a tangible example of how vast His love and faithfulness is for you and me. I love how there is so much of the ocean that has yet to be discovered even though men have tried. In the same way, there is still so much of knowing God for me to discover and I will never reach the end of Him.

In a few days, I will be home in Kentucky for Christmas. I am excited to be able to spend the next month and a half with my family, friends and church! After the holidays, I will spend a good portion of time raising funds for the work God has now paved a way to with the children and young girls in the Sex Trade. As I look ahead to next year, my heart beats a little faster with excitement and anticipation as to what God has in store. I am still amazed and awed by what He has done thus far. I know I have said that several times already but I can't help saying it again!

On October 2, 2009 I wrote the following journal entry:
" God, the statistics say that in San Jose alone are 3,000 (or over) little girls in the Sex Trade out at night prostituting themselves. I look out my window and ask where are you precious and possibly scared little girl? Susannah is going to team up with me and travel to Guanacaste. Lord, I pray right now you pave the way. Go before us but also go with us. Give us favor and answers."
When I wrote that, I had no idea what was going to transpire and I definitely never dreamed the progress we would make would be so fast. This entry came before we ever met one government official, community leader and child. I thought that after working and serving the community we would eventually stumble on the area of girls working. God did above and beyond all I could have imagined just like Ephesians 3:20 says. Leaving home and losing what was life to me was the best decision I ever made. For when you lose yourself you find it is only really then that you find yourself. I am grateful for the beautiful privilege of ministering to these girls here the power of what a life lived in Jesus does.

There is a comment box at the end of every entry. I would love to know who is reading and your thoughts. I would also love to know your prayer requests. I always post mine but I would like to know those requests of all who take the time to pray and read about our life here in Costa Rica. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anna my darling, it's Britney... love reading your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, this is Emily Beliles. I stumbled across your blog through facebook and have really enjoyed reading about your work. It is so exciting! It is so true what you said that when we lose our life that's when we truly find it. If only so many others could get hold of this, we could really change the world. Keep on making history! Blessings - Emily.

    ReplyDelete