Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Blessed are the poor in Spirit" Matthew 5

To know the heart of God, you must reach out to the poor. To see the face of God, you must look into the face of the poor. It is in the working, helping and loving the poor that I find I am the one truly helped. To defend the rights of the poor and needy. To help the least of these as Jesus so wonderfully put it, you do it to Him. The part that sticks out most to me in passages such as these in the bible is the fact that they are not suggestions. These passages are commandments. In John 14:15 Jesus said, "If you love me, you will obey what I command."

The above picture of the little legs dangling on the bench, the heart of God knows every one of their names. He knows every thought, fear, desire and dream. They are real human beings to Him and He loves them with a precious passion you and I can only hope to aspire to. Many times I am moved to weep as I see the way God loves on the forgotten, the ugly, the broken. I cannot begin to express to people the importance of how precious and simple it truly is to be love in action.

To be home has been like a dream. Every moment I have had to sit and be with my family is priceless. I am treasuring every minute in these last few weeks I have left in the USA. However, it is getting a bit easier each time I leave to go back to those little legs above because the vision inside of me consumes my heart. I am determined. I am decided.

In the last month I have been in the USA, I have traveled and shared. We are now launching a non-profit to be able to bring more resources to help the women and children we work with. I am constantly amazed and awed by the way God continues to move and pave the way for our ministry. More than that, I am humbled.

We are now officially LightForce International and just recently I had the unique privilege of learning how websites work and how you go about setting them up. Of course all of this is done through a Godly, amazing company called Teknoasis. Getting help in fundraisers and tshirt designs from the wonderful people at Hands On Originals and more importantly my "go to" girl there, Susan Trout! She is fabulous. The amazing team of people at Cornerstone Church of Lexington are the reason I am where I am! We are blessed to be covered in prayer from around the world but especially from the passionate, on fire people at New Horizons Church.

All of those people and many of you who support me financially and spiritually help to make it possible to stand up and fight for the rights of those who cannot fight for themselves. God Bless you in this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment