Saturday, January 23, 2010

My time here in the USA is flying by. As I type this, Susannah is at the border on behalf of the both of us. We are in the middle of planning our first big workshop for the kids to learn a trade. At the moment she is there traveling and sharing of our work and I am here in the USA doing the same. I look forward to heading back and going to see all my new friends at the border.

I just returned from a very successful trip to Dallas, Texas. Although there were many meeting and business to attend to, I was able to relax more than I have since returning to the States for Christmas. I was blessed to meet many amazing people who work hard to combat Human Trafficking. It was a bit overwhelming all the information I came back with from this trip. Driving thirteen hours straight didn't help either. So needless to say, I am officially exhausted.

I am constantly thanking God for the opportunity to serve Him in this capacity. Truly, I feel so awed and humbled. I feel completely inadequate and incapable of running an organization. I don't know where I would be without Jesus walking out the process with me. It is intimidating at times speaking at so many places and meeting so many faces and trying to keep it all straight. Many nights, I sit with Jesus and He comforts me. He is all I am after. So in being after Him and His heart, I find that I am after ministering and saving children from the hands of wickedness to bring hope.

So often I am tempted to walk down the trail of worry. How can I do it God? How am I going to feed all of them next month or every month for the rest of the year? Many days I worry that there is not enough of me to go around. It is then that I remember it is not about me, my capabilities. I just need to obey the voice of God. This is His organization and His children. To Him all credit and glory is due. When I remain in that mind frame, it is then I know. All will succeed according to His will. I cannot tell you how precious and comforting this thought truly is to my heart.

LightForce International is blessed to have Christine with Epiphany Media as our amazing PR representative. I had the wonderful privilege to sit at Borders Bookstore and share my heart with her over coffee in Dallas this past week. She was amazing full of ideas and holy passion for God's call.

Some days, my mind is reeling that all this is not true and I will wake up to find it was all just a dream. It feels so surreal to be a founder/director of a non-profit organization that works with children and women in prostitution. I am learning about how to handle attention and publicity and think business. Slowly but surely and as always, God has a hold of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment