Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sponsor A Smile This Weekend!!!

" And this is where love comes in - when it is demanding, and yet we can give it with joy."
-Mother Teresa 

This weekend Catherine, myself and Valeria will head to Nicaragua to hold another jewelry workshop. We plan to love, feed, and hug all who attend as well as teach the jewelry technique. I am excited and prayerful of this weekend. I have no idea what to expect since this will be the first time I will have taught or really worked in this community inside Nicaragua. This event is bigger than the events in the past and therefore will quite possibly double if not triple the amount of women and children to feed and help. I was telling my sister, Rachel, that I was concerned about being able to afford to feed all the people who come this weekend. Her reply was not what I expected and yet much needed! Rachel replied, "Well good thing you are not the one responsible to feed them!" At first I was confused and then realized what she meant. My sister was refering to the fact that Jesus is the one who will feed them and not me. Of course me and the girls with me will be the vessels but ultimately the responsibility is on Him. All we must do is go, serve and obey. 
I am curious to see all God has up His sleeve because this coming event has had the most obstacles, set backs and I have had to fight worrying more this time around!! We also lost most of our help in running and setting up the event. However, Pastor Rudy, (who is the Nicaraguan pastor I work with) came to my rescue! How I could have jumped through the phone to hug him!! He opened the church and so we will outreach to the community. The church there is helping me with food, a place to stay and etc..!! Man, God is so good that many times I could cry. I have so much love for these people, they have become family to me and they take such good care of me. This helps greatly when I feel so far from family and church family.

I am blessed that so many have written me they are praying and many have asked how they can help! Wow, how amazing the body of Christ can be. There are two ways people can help with the event this coming weekend:
1.) PRAY, PRAY, PRAY! We need safety and protection as we head into new and unknown territory. Divine provision and in general the message of love to be conveyed to all who come through the door.
2.) You can purchase a jewelry starter kit for just $5.00 and sponsor a smile! This kit contains enough for a woman to make herself a pair of earrings and allow her to learn the "how to" in the workshop. 
 
  
  


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much to all who have sponsored so far!!!

    ReplyDelete