Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Long Journey, Bad Sunburn and Joyfully I Type......

I arrived back to San Jose from the border this afternoon hot, tired, sun burnt and yet full of joy. Susannah and I passed out invitations, along with the help of our friends from Shekinah Church, to girls in prostitution at the border. Most of the reactions we were met with were smiles and acceptance to our invite. Several girls told us they were hoping we would come back. I fought tears when one girl recognized us and was full of excitement to see us yesterday.

While at the border word came to me that World Vision had heard of our project and wanted to help. To say I was overwhelmed and humbled is an understatement! I was able to meet the representative in the nearby area and she was wanting help out in any way she could. I found out she could help me with the medical attention these girls so desperately need. Once again another prayer answered beyond anything I imagined! God is so good. He never ceases to amaze me in the creativity of how He works.

God also continues to poor out His favor with us and the government officials. They always welcome us with open arms and do everything they can to help and support. The greatest part about it all is the sincerity they display in helping us. All of the government officials we come into contact with exert a genuine desire to be apart. Only God could affect this behavior! The bible says that He moves the hearts of kings.

The sweetest moment for me was when I saw the park they had built for the children we work with inside the border area. Oh you better believe, the big kid that I am, I hopped on the swing and began to glide back and forth. I don't have the right words to describe the feeling inside my heart at that time.

Although the trip back was rough and I was exhausted, my heart was still brimming with excitement and anticipation as I watch God weave and lay a path before me. Many times this path is full of unexpected turns and unfamiliar ground. As long as I keep my heart and eyes fixed, the path becomes a fun challenge and a place where I grow closer and closer with God.

I made it back to San Jose just in time to greet Catherine at the airport. God had layed it on her heart to come and help me here in Costa Rica. I am blessed by her courage to come and to serve. I know only too well how hard it is to leave behind your family and familiarity. Catherine will be my roommate for the next month! I look forward to the adventures God has in store for the two of us.

Thank you once again for all the prayers!! God is awesome! I cannot wait until this weekend as we return to love, feed and fellowship with the women and children.

1 comment: