Monday, February 15, 2010

Updates and prayer needs

I surprised myself in the fact I did not cry when leaving my hometown last week. My dad walked me to the airport security checkpoint and watched me get all the way through to the other side before leaving. I waited for that ever familiar lump to come as I turned to wave him one last goodbye and it did not come. Instead what came was an overwhelming amount of peace. I arrived later that day to the sweet, smiling face of Susannah as she was waiting for me just outside the airport! Not only was her greeting uplifting, so was the beautiful weather!

I spent the next few days unpacking and settling in, as well as trying to catch up on some much needed rest. It is summer here now in Costa Rica and what a drastic change for me from when I left the winter storm in Lexington!

This past Saturday night, I went with a wonderful group of people to feed the homeless in some of the worst sections in all of Costa Rica. So many thanked us over and over with such grateful, hungry expressions. However, I felt grateful to them for the opportunity to serve them. To me it was not a duty but a privilege to feed the homeless that night. I can't think of a more wonderful Valentine weekend then loving and serving the forgotten in the streets.

Tonight or early morning,(depending on how you look at it)Susannah and I will take the 3:30 a.m. bus to our usual north adventure spot. There we will meet with the government officials on both sides of the border and then later pass out invitations to our first outreach of the year! This outreach will be more of a workshop in which I will teach the jewelry making techniques I learned in the States. I am excited and nervous! I feel as if I barely know what I am doing, let alone teaching others how. Once again, it is a privilege that God allows me to go and to do.

Please pray for continued favor, protection and that God would move on the hearts of women and children as we pass out the invitations.

I am beyond thrilled as this will be my first return to all of them in months!!!

5 comments:

  1. great post annie! love you!! be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, thinking and praying all day today for your efforts to be increased by His grace and that your time spent will be very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that lump...and I understand that peace that you felt...I completely had those moments many times! I will be praying for you and can't wait to hear how the jewelry making goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you so much. We pray for you daily!

    ReplyDelete